Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sorry for the long delay between postings but things here at the Culinary are very busy, with the class schedule here we complete a complete semester of class work in 6 weeks. I have 5 classes I am taking and each one has a large project to be done for it. I just presented my gastronomy project today so that one is done and out of the way, I have completed the project for product knowledge that is due tomorrow and in fact completed the math one that’s due on next Monday last night. Now all I need to do is keep up with the daily class, home work and reading. Boy doing this college thing is harder now then it was 30+ years ago. It’s all starting to come together in my mind I know am starting to understand the reason we study gastronomy and why it’s important and the impact that chefs like Crème, Escoffier and Point had on the food of their time and how what they did influences what is happening in the kitchens of the great chefs all around the world today. Well that’s all I have time for today need to get to work on my writing homework and the writing project.

2 comments:

  1. "The duty of a good cuisiner is to transmit to the next generation everything he has learned and experienced." -FP

    Peter, sounds like you're getting the "Point".

    - Fan of Flan

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get a chance I would love to read what your projects entailed. I am enjoying this blog.
    Hang in there - practice makes perfect.

    Poly Unsaturated

    ReplyDelete